Realizing your goals
1. It's good to realize what finding partner abroad means. Ask yourself if you are willing to spend time and money to search for your ideal partner so far away from home. Take into account that you may have to face and overcome some difficulties connected with marrying a foreigner. First of all these are legal aspects, moving your bride to your country, her adaptation, language barrier, differences in mentality and lifestyle, missing home. It will be necessary to travel to her home city to meet in person, so it is good to plan a trip in several months after starting a correspondence. Your letter will be met with more enthusiasm if you write about this.
2. It is not worth getting in touch with ladies from different cities and even countries. Like one is from Novosibirsk, another is from Yalta, the third is from Chisinau. You'll hardly be able to visit lots of countries and cities - keep it in mind while browsing the photo-album. Pay attention to "Her location". You should look for ladies you could easily meet. Try to determine a place to visit where you'll have an opportunity to meet several potential brides. Like several cities in Ukraine that are not far from one another.
3. It is good to know what kind of person you are looking for: age, looks, children, lifestyle, social status, spiritual qualities, interests, etc. The better you realize your expectations, the sooner you find a woman matching them.
4. Falling in love at 1st sight (read "1st letter" is very risky). Be realistic, you may have to meet several women and perhaps start relationship before you feel this person is mean for you, since only personal communication can show if you're compatible, interesting to each other and if there is a chance of chemistry.
1. Use the search engine to select several ladies. Then select more ladies from their cities. The more ladies you write the larger your selection will be. Communication via letters and phone calls will help you decide which ones you will meet. Such communication will qualify ladies and create the initial contact between you, which will ease the 1st meeting, make it pre-arranged and expected. At the same time ladies usually agree to meet a man who is ready to meet them in their hometown, so you may choose to meet on the spot as well.
2. Ladies with a good command of the language (rates 4 or 5 in the profiles) don't need translations and your correspondence will be much cheaper, not mentioning the fact that you'll be able to communicate over the telephone without an interpreter and the adaptation period for them will be easier. Even though most people learn the foreign language at schools and colleges (mainly English or German) the majority does not speak it due to the absence of practice. Younger people learn English as it is often needed for a job and may recall it pretty fast when start learning again or get facilitated.
3. The age gap between you and the ladies you select has to be reasonable. Try not to get lured by the ladies more then 15 years younger then you are. Even though that Russian women prefer men who are a bit older then themselves, reliable, mature, prepared to take responsibility and support a woman; but you should also take into account the fact that marriage might not survive, when the problems connected with different attitude to life or different expectations occur, especially when your darling adapts in the foreign country, has friends and a job and becomes more confident and less dependent on you.
4. Pay some attention to the "Address retrieved" field. The fact that most popular women are still available & looking after 200+ addresses retrievals shows they are more selective or have just too high demand to the potential partner. At the same time, bear in mind that only about 5% men really meet ladies after corresponding with them and far not all of them who got a girl's address ever write to her and are in touch with her at the moment.
5. Make your list of ladies, print or save their profiles, probably even make a folder to manage the information.
Composing the 1st letter
1. Writing a letter to several ladies, try to make it as much personal as possible.
Address a Russian women wit her full first name, like "Dear Elena!" If you choose to send a
multiple introduction letter, the agency can insert ladies' first names for you. Try to
avoid just "Hello" or "My beautiful princes" or "I am seeking a nice, loyal lady start a
family with, if you match this, please respond". Even though it is your introduction letter
you send to several ladies from your contact list, it should make a feeling you are writing
to the one and only. It is good to add that you selected her profile out of many on the web
because of smile or beautiful eyes or figure, choose something neutral.
2. Pay attention to what a lady writes on her profile. Like if she is fond of animals, say you have a dog which is a good friend of yours or something else depending on a situation. It is especially good to do when you are writing to one lady.
3. Don't miss important information about yourself (height, weight, age, country of residence, profession). This is what a person's decision to continue correspondence or not based on.
4. It is necessary to tell her about your family status (if you're divorced or if you have children - state their age and names, if they live with you and how close you are). Later on, in the next letters, it will be important to inform what your children's and relatives attitude to your looking for a Russian bride is.
5. If your letter is sincere, you have true and serious intentions; it will have a good response rate.
6. ! DO NOT EVER DO:
- speak bad about women you've dated or women in your country;
- write about your previous wife or lady-friend with intimate details in the 1st letter;
- boast about your wealth, scientific or sport achievements in the first letter. Just give an impression what your job is about and how you feel about it, that sport is important to you and you do it professionally and generally have reached certain things in life;
- list your career achievements in detail and enumerate the places you worked in and your job experience in the 1st letter, this is not a CV;
- impress her with your intelligence or money. Most Russian women are seeking for a financially secure man and this doesn't mean "rich". This means they are looking for a partner who is stable and able to provide for the family, not a money sack;
- narrate her your complete life story right at once;
- honestly report how many women you are in correspondence with and what they are like. It will hardly be taken as "honesty", most likely a lady will not understand it. If you are asked, then it is up to you to choose whether to say or not. You should realize a lady may be in correspondence with other man and choosing as well. Till you have serious plans and commitment such questions are improper;
- initiate controversial topics like sex, politics, economy etc. in the first letter.
7. It is worth stating at once what is important to you or what you can not live with. Religious preferences, family traditions if they have a vital meaning, having children or not, health issues or some disabilities, etc. It is necessary to inform about such things at once in order to avoid misunderstanding and false expectations.
8. Write a couple words about things you are fond of, your likes and dislikes, what makes you happy, your friends, the way of rest you prefer. It is always interesting to read about and gives plenty of room to ask a few good questions.
9. Everyone knows that good photos make a good impression. A color or b/w photo with a
clear image of yours, with no blurs or extra effects, not too big and not too small is always
welcome. A photo with friends in a pub, with whoever they are, a photo in underwear, with naked
torso, in home stretched t-shirt or with a bottle of alcohol or intimate photo would be qualified
as "bad" photos to go with the 1st letter.
10. We do not advice to send photos demonstrating your house, car and other material riches,
at least with your first letter. It's supposed that your photos should attract attention to you but not to your possessions.
11. It is preferable that the photo is taken professionally; you have a smile, are dressed well and
generally look good. It is good to send a couple of photos - a portrait and a full height photo.
Do not send more then 2 photos.
12. Don't make your letter too long or too short. 2 - 3 sentences, like "I am interested in you, please write me back"
are not enough to show you're really interested and get a good feed back. The purpose of the correspondence is to know
each other better, to help to decide whether you match each other. On the other hand it does not have to be an
autobiographical novel lulling to sleep but just an Introduction letter. One page or 600- 650 words will be enough.
13. Use simple language if you don't order a professional translation for your letter.
Especially if you write directly or expect a lady to read and reply your letter by herself,
not using an agency translation service, it must not be an IELTS reading test for her.
14. Use a spell checker if possible
15. Ask her questions. They are always a sign a person is interested. But there has to be a balance.
Asking whether she likes to visit restaurants and discos, whether she has a pet, whether she lives with
her parents or by herself, if she can drive, if she likes her job, whether she thinks her career to be important,
if she plans to have children, what country she would prefer to live in, what she likes and dislikes about her
country/city and about her life in general will help you to imagine the girl's life better. The questions you put will
also help her write a reply to you. Try not to ask too many questions at once and at the same time write about yourself
in order it didn't sound like a questionnaire at a job interview. Such approach may offend a person.